Monday, May 28, 2012

Not leading by example, the truth about this writing teacher.

I need to work on writing again. I am a writing teacher right I should be doing this daily, but the reality is that I have no time for my own thoughts and expressions. I love my students and love to read their writing, for the most part, but I miss being able to understand and work through things with words. Writing is the ultimate stress relief. Being able to just let things go and put them on paper makes the weight of them disappear off of your chest. Finding the correct words and even some incorrect ones to get the feelings out of hiding makes my brain feel free enough to work through the problems at hand one letter at a time. I really need to be teaching this to my students. Showing them that writing is more then just a was to go to high school and college, but a way to let go and express those things that are too hard to say out loud. Writing is like screaming the words you want to say, but don't have the guts to let the voice escape your lips. I require writing to function.

Note to self... writing helps you, you have too many things to think about and worry about to not use this space to break down the wall that your brain has put up.

WRITE GOD DAMN IT ALLIE!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment